Labiaplasty in Jaipur | Labiaplasty Surgery in Jaipur
Labiaplasty in Jaipur, is the commonly performed outer surgical vaginal rejuvenation procedure. It is carried for those who have experienced physical discomfort or pain due to enlarged or elongated labia lips, due to chafing, pulling, or rubbing against clothing/ in intercourse. Even fat grafting is used to give puffy look to labia majora if they are sagging due to aging, called labia augmentation
The outer and inner lips of the vulva are known as the labia majora and the labia minora, respectively. Through this method, the contours of the labia majora or labia minora are changed. It may cover reconstruction, augmentation or reduction of labia majora or minora.
In labiaplasty, one of the most popular vaginal rejuvenation procedures, the extra tissue of the labia majora and minora are trimmed away. The results are meant to relieve the discomfort of longer labia lips, reducing their length to prevent tugging and pulling, and/or to improve the appearance of the genitalia. If you are looking for Labiaplasty in Jaipur, you should get in touch with PCOSMETIC Gyne Clinic today.
Surgical Techniques of Labiaplasty
There are various methodologies used to perform Labiaplasty in Jaipur, however the most common are wedge resection and curvilinear resection.
- Wedge Resection labiaplasty
It is the safest and most effective method of reducing the labia minora. It spares nerve and arterial supply to the labia minora. Though reduction can be performed with scalpel or scissors, the low temperature Radio frequency cautery gives better results in terms of fast healing and recovery. Our cosmetic gynecologist performs Labiaplasty in Jaipur most commonly by this technique as it gives natural irregular margins of labia minora and edges remain pigmented.
Before surgery length of labia minora is assessed and vulval anatomy is assessed and labia looked for any asymmetry or pigmentation.
This may be accompanied with clitoral hood reduction or labia majora reduction.
- Curvilinear Resection Labiaplasty
This procedure is performed with radiofrequency cautery and is performed for patients who wish to have a marked reduction in the size of their labia minora and don’t wish for pigmentation at the edges or natural jagged appearance of labia minora. This procedure leaves a long horizontal scar versus a small midline scar with wedge resection and is intended for aggressive reduction of labia minora.
Labia Majora Reduction
Childbirth or aging causes sagging appearance of labia majora and causes discomfort to women due to rubbing against clothing or appearing puffy in tight fitting clothes or causing discomfort in intercourse. Similarly, abnormally large labia since birth may cause such difficulties.
Reduction of labia majora requires linear incision in the folds between minora and majora and extended laterally so as to remove any excess fat content. The margins are then closed without tension and so scar is hidden between the labial folds.Careful closure is of utmost importance with proper hemostasis as chances of hematoma formation and infection is high.
Labia Augmentation with Fat Transfer:
Shriveled labia majora gives a non-appealing look to one’s genitalia and may be the cause of diminished self esteem.
The goal of labia augmentation is to create a more youthful and rejuvenated looking vagina by enhancing the labia majora. There are two methods commonly used in “labia puffing,” which are labia augmentation with fat transfer, or labia augmentation with hyaluronic fillers. In labia augmentation with fat transfer, fat is harvested from another area of the body, usually the stomach or thighs, through liposuction. The fat is then processed and injected evenly across the labia to combat sagging skin and wrinkling.
Pre and post procedure medical photographs are a must to compare the outcome of the procedure.
Contraindications to Labiaplasty
Active HPV infection
Acute Herpes infection
Labiaplasty in Jaipur requires much skill as chances of hematoma and infection is high in this area of vulva, if improper technique is used; so you need to select a labiaplasty surgeon in Jaipur with excellence in the field beyond par.
Why you should consider Labiaplasty?
A woman may choose to have a labiaplasty for a number of reasons. Among the principal causes are:
- Some situations include only cosmetic surgery because most women are dissatisfied with the appearance of their labia.
- While swollen or deformed labia do not always result in health issues, they can undoubtedly lower one’s self-esteem and can make a lady appear unappealing. This may have an immediate impact on a woman’s sexual relationship.
- Women whose swollen labia cause them great discomfort must get labiaplasty. It could be trouble getting comfortable to sit, putting in tampons, exercising, or having sex.
- Sometimes swollen labia prevent ladies from wearing the outfits they want to wear.
Labia frequently sustain damage during childbirth, which can result in gaps, scarring, or straining.
In this instance, the altered appearance of labia makes a lot of women feel uncomfortable and self-conscious.
In certain instances, aging also plays a significant role in altering the labia’s shape. It becomes less elastic and undergoes size alterations.
If swollen labia become irritating and a source of hygienic problems, a labiaplasty becomes necessary.
Who makes a good labiaplasty candidate?
A candidate for labiaplasty is someone that
- Your labia have changed significantly since giving birth.
- Your labia majora or minora was always huge.
- You are at least eighteen years old.
- You find it uncomfortable to sit, work out, or have intercourse.
Following childbirth, you are experiencing labial tears.
You’re doing well medically.
You are optimistic about the process as a whole.
It is advisable to speak with a qualified plastic surgeon to see if labiaplasty is an appropriate option for you. You can discuss your worries and find out if the operation would be useful for you with an experienced doctor.
Preparing for Labiaplasty Surgery
A few recommendations should be kept in mind prior to having a Labiaplasty. Several important things to remember are:
- Make sure you give up all NSAIDs and blood thinners at least two weeks before to the procedure. To prevent any further issues, it is best to speak with your plastic surgeon if you are unsure if the medicine you take fits into either group.
- When undergoing labiaplasty surgery, wait at least four weeks before using any herbal or weight-loss products.
- Before the procedure, wait at least eight hours before consuming any food or liquids. On the other hand, you can take any medication with a tiny sip of water if you take any. It is best to discuss this with your physician.
Sleep well the night before the procedure. It will facilitate your body’s post-surgery recovery.
Prior to the procedure, make sure you eat a balanced meal and get plenty of fluids. You will recuperate more quickly from surgery if you establish healthy habits prior to the procedure.
Recovery after labiaplasty surgery
- Patients can resume their regular activities one week following labiaplasty, which is a simple, safe, and effective treatment.
- The full recovery from the surgery requires at least six weeks.
- It is recommended that patients undergoing labiaplasty take a minimum of two weeks off from work due to the most swelling in the first few days following the procedure, and excessive movement may cause discomfort in the treated area.
Patients must pay attention to their bodies and give themselves enough time to recuperate, even if it is encouraged to begin mobility as soon as possible following surgery.
After the procedure, driving can be resumed in one to two weeks.
Six weeks after surgery, one can continue working out and going to the gym.
What to look for during recovery
Surgery on the labia is a serious procedure, and there may be some discomfort involved while getting a labiaplasty in Jaipur. Throughout the healing process, you can encounter the following:
Mild Pain: Even though the procedure is done under anesthesia, the operated area will cause you some minor discomfort. On the other hand, if you take the medications as directed by your physician, the pain will subside.
Swelling and bruising: Following surgery, you will undoubtedly have swelling. It’s also conceivable that you could hurt when peeing, although this can be avoided by applying warm water to the injured area. Swelling can also be decreased by applying ice packs to the afflicted area.
Clothing and hygiene: Wear loose-fitting underwear and clothes to ease pain and discomfort. Wearing tight clothing can exacerbate edema, which lengthens the healing period. Tampons should also be avoided during your recuperation time. Continue using pads until you have totally healed.
Don’t have intercourse: That’s right, for at least six weeks following the procedure, refrain from having sex. Gradually, you can go back to your regular activities.