Life Style Modification Services
This is our unique unit which sketch a paradigm for life style modification as per requirement of each individual patient after studying their current lifestyle. Lifestyle modifications i.e, focusing on physical activity, nutritional changes and psychological counseling is the first line of treatment for the management of PCOS.
Obesity is present in 30-75% of women with PCOS. Adipose dysfunction (fat cell dysfunction) is associated with glucose intolerance and hyperinsulinemia, which in turn can exaggerate the manifestations of hyperandrogenism viz, hirsuitism, acne, hyperpigmentation and baldness.
Obese women with PCOS are at increased risk of anovulation and consequent subfertility. All these manifestations ultimately lead to co-morbid depression and stress which further causes hormonal imbalance and thus vicious cycle continues.
Obesity and sedentary lifestyle welcome new co-morbidities like Type 2 Diabetes, dyslipidemia, high blood pressure and heart disease. These detrimental effects of obesity in PCOS, ultimately lead to adverse impact on Quality of life of patient. Healthy and happy lifestyle is the only answer to it.
Role Of Obesity In PCOS
5% Weight loss brings Miraculous Results
Weight loss of only 5% of total body weight is associated with great improvement in hormonal profile and hence symptoms of PCOS:
- Decreased insulin and LH levels (Insulin resistance improves)
- Increased SHBG and decreased free Estradiol (elevated unopposed estradiol in PCOS patients lead to Uterine cancer in long term).
- Improved Menstrual function and ovulation function.
- Lower Testosterone levels
- Reduced hirsutism and acne
- Improved Reproductive performances like good outcome of infertility treatment & less complications in pregnancy.
- Improved dyslipidemia and cardiovascular risk factors including blood pressure
Thus, Lifestyle modification is of utmost importance in the management of PCOS through Nutrition, Exercise and Happy mindset.
Our ‘THREE PILLAR SYSTEM’ for the life style modification for the management of PCOS is as follows:
FIRST PILLAR: NUTRITION
SECOND PILLAR: EXERCISE
THIRD PILLAR: HAPPY MINDSET